Monday 20 June 2011

Feeling the burn...

I wish I could say this was because I just went for massive run, but theres a different meaning. The expression 'Burning the candle at both ends' comes to mind... Over the last few days Ive been a coding demon... I spent most of Saturday and Sunday working on my iphone developments... And a full day coding at work and several hours last night. Im now at Tuesday afternoon and I've been coding all day today as well, and my brain is feeling somewhat burnt out!

You see I found some inspiration on the weekend to work on my current game... To be honest, I spent alot of Saturday just playing around with graphics, and then I had this GREAT idea.

Of course, that great idea set me up to write some rather complex code, which I think I mostly finished up last night, which is fantastic (THANK F***)... you see I had to write a path finding algorithm... sounds easy enough, but it wasnt... Once I had created a flow diagram it was a lot easier to get my head around it, of course then I had to put it into code..

LOL.

There were several moments when I thought to myself... wtf are you on about... then I would stare blankly at the code for a while... you see the first few times I was testing it, it simply didnt work... Took me a while to realise one of my helper functions was returning somewhat unhelpful values (READ: WRONG!). Once I fixed this it mostly worked perfectly.

'Mostly worked perfectly'

Now theres an interesting way to put it...

Anyway... I think im mostly out of the rough so to speak and it should be smooth sailing from here on out...

We'll see...

JL

2 comments:

  1. Know the feeling. Spent sat & sunday writing SQL scripts for path finding. I feel burned out and have given up on SQL now its time to learn Java & NOSQL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I could use a break on the weekends, but those are the times im less likely to be too tired from being at work to work on it.

    ReplyDelete